You can Send Question Paper on email@example.com
1. Road Transport and Highways Ministry is observing the National Road Safety Week across the country to create awareness among the people. The theme of this year’s Road Safety week is “When on road, always say Pehle Aap”.
2. The world’s first Bitcoin storage service that insures deposits of the digital currency against hackers and accidental loss has opened in London. Bitcoin is a virtual currency that can be generated through complex computer software systems with solutions shared on a network. The new Bitcoin storage service offering insurance in U.K., named Elliptic Vault, uses “deep cold storage” techniques to secure the digital currency. Bitcoin keys are encrypted and stored offline. There are multiple copies, protected by layers of cryptographic and physical security.
3. Awami League chief Sheikh Hasina was Sunday sworn in as prime minister of Bangladesh for the third time along with a 48-member cabinet. President Abdul Hamid administered the oaths of office and secrecy to the 66-year-old Hasina. The cabinet includes 29 ministers, 17 state ministers and two deputy ministers.
4. World Bank will provide 50 million dollar assistance to Afghanistan to support the government’s efforts to improve access to credit for micro, small and medium enterprises. An agreement to this effect was signed by World Bank country director for Afghanistan, Robert Saum and Afghan Finance Minister Dr. Omar Zakhilwal in Kabul yesterday.
5. Stating that its ATM operations are making losses, nation’s largest bank SBI has said it is all for charging customers for transactions. It also said a commercially viable model is needed for ATM network expansion. State Bank of India (SBI) Chairperson Ms. Bhattacharya said barring in a few states, the ATM operations are making losses. She did not name the states where the ATM segment is making money.
6. In Assam, 3 thousand girls between 10 to 14 years age group have been enrolled at 57 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas under Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, SSA. Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya is a scheme launched in the year 2004, for setting up residential schools at upper primary level for girls belonging largely to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
7. NASA’s latest sky-mapping spacecraft has discovered a new potentially hazardous asteroid, 43 million kilometres from Earth. It is the Near-Earth Object Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (NEOWISE)’s first such discovery since coming out of hibernation last year.
8. Youngsters Sanil Shetty and Ankita Das were crowned men’s and women’s singles champion respectively at the 75th Senior National Table Tennis Championships in Patna on Sunday. Incidentally, Shetty is the first national champion to emerge from Mumbai after the great Kamlesh Mehta, who last won the title in 1995.
9. Maharashtra entered the semifinals of Ranji Trophy cricket beating defending champions Mumbai by 8 wickets yesterday.
10. Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon Dies at 85. Ariel Sharon, the trailblazing former Israeli general and prime minister who was in a coma for eight years after he had a stroke at the height of his power, died on Saturday aged 85.
Stay connected to Maru Gujarat for daily job updates